There will be a commissioner’s committee of the whole meeting held on Tuesday, June 20, 2017, at the Candler Library at 5:30pm. Main discussion will be raises for the police officers with public discussion at 6:30pm.
Thanks to everyone for attending our monthly ELTNA Meeting, we had a great turnout.
President Vickie Willis had a full agenda for 7-8pm:
- Mr. Parrish Underwood, the director of our local East Lake YMCA giving details of services & participation
- MARTA Army, Bakari Height sharing adoption project to label all bus stops with schedules, giving ELTNA the first set for buses @ Glenwood Ave & 2nd Ave
- Members gave reports on available DeKalb activities & dates
- Friends of Scott Candler Library
- Barker/Bryant Commemorative Garden with new coordinator Julie Hawk
- Success of Yard Signs with largest turnout in history
- Real Estate investors expressed their interest in specific boarded up houses
- Refreshments from Publix manager Paul Higgins
- Candy donated by Walgreen’s & Mr. Walden which was left for Mt. Welcome kids summer program
- Next meeting July 18
Welcome to the new ELTNA website! If you have any suggestions or feedback for the new website, please comment on this post with your ideas. This site is intended to be continually improved, so we appreciate any comments you can offer!
We’re on the lookout for photos that will help make this neighborhood website a more lively place. If you have any pictures of community events or our beautiful neighborhood that you’d like to share, please let us know in the comments and we’ll reach out with a way to get the photos to us.
We look forward to hearing your feedback!
Thanks, and Happy New Year!
Hello East Lake Terrace!
For the holiday season, we are participating in our local charity drive to bring toys and gifts to children in need. We are sponsoring the following children, and we need your help to ensure that these kids have wonderful holidays!!
There are two ways to get into the spirit of giving and help a child in need.
- You can make a donation, in any amount that will go toward the purchase of a gift for a child.
- You can purchase a gift for a child, and drop it off to our donation coordinator.
The list below gives the age and gender of each sponsored child, and their requested gifts. Please bring your cash donation or your gift donation to the amazing Veronica Gilyard!! You can reach her at 770-256-3270 and bring donations to her home, located at 1964 Hooper Street.
Child’s Gender and Age: Requested Gifts
- Female, 12 years: Size 6 Boots, Jewelry, nail polish
- Female, 4 years: Frozen doll, Hello Kitty, Power Wheel
- Female, 5 years: Frozen, Toys, Dolls
- Male, 7 years: Spider-man stuff, Trucks and card, Gift card
- Male, 19 months: Clothes (2-T), books, toy cars
- Female, 3 years: Hello Kitty, Frozen, Educational toy
- Female, 4 years: Little Mermaid, Educational toys
- Male, 5 years: Action figure toys, Spider-man, toy cars or truck
- Female, 3 years: Minnie Mouse, educational toys
We had such a wonderful variety of donations last year, and we would like to go above and beyond this year! Our deadline for receiving donations is DECEMBER 12, so don’t delay!
If you have any questions, please contact Veronica Gilyard, at 770-256-3270.
Thank you so much for your generosity!!